Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan announced on Sunday, that his country stands by Azerbaijan in the clashes that erupted hours ago with Armenia, describing the latter as a threat to security in the region.
Erdogan tweeted, “Armenia, which added a new aggression to its aggression against Azerbaijan, has once again shown that it is the greatest threat to peace and security in the region,” adding, “We call on the world to stand by Azerbaijan against the oppressive occupation.”
He assured his Azerbaijani counterpart, Ilham Aliyev, in a telephone call on Sunday, that Turkey will continue to stand in solidarity with Baku against Armenia.
“We call on the Armenian people to embrace their future against their rulers, who are dragging them to the disaster,” he added.
Earlier on Sunday, the Azerbaijani Ministry of Defense said that Armenian armed forces fired on their areas, resulting in casualties.
However, in contrast, the Armenian Ministry of Defense said that Karabakh “was subjected to air and missile attacks,” which led to the escalation.
The press spokesman for the President of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic, Gram Bogossian, stated that civilian areas in Karabakh, including the capital, Stepanakert, had been exposed to artillery fire, and called on residents to go to shelters.
Trending
- Libya suffering from U.S. meddling, internal rivalries and the battle for oil
- Israel plans permanent occupation in Lebanon while talks in Rome stall
- Is the Mecca agreement the beginning of the end of American military presence in the Arab Gulf?
- Netanyahu refuses to leave Gaza while bowing to extremist politicians
- U.S. Withdrawal from Iraq: A Step Toward Sovereignty or the Start of a Security Crisis?
- Is Spain Facing Retaliation for Challenging Israel?
- The West Bank on the Brink: Israel’s Far Right, U.S. Support, and a Region in Crisis
- Trump meets with Aoun over Israeli withdrawal from Lebanon

