The Armenian Defense Ministry spokesman Artsron Hovhannisyan announced Friday that the Artsakh Defense Army shot down five more planes and three helicopters of the Azerbaijani military.
In a statement published on his official Facebook page, the spokesman said:
“The precise strikes of the Karabakh Defense Forces’ units at around 16:00 shot down five enemy aircraft and three helicopters.”
No further details were released by the Armenian Ministry of Defense.
The Armenian Ministry of Defense had announced earlier that two planes belonging to the Azerbaijani Air Force had been shot down.
In turn, the Press Secretary for the Armenian Ministry of Defense, Shushan Stepanyan, released an info-graph that said the Azerbaijani forces have suffered 1,750 casualties since Sunday, September.
The info-graph also said that the Armenian forces inflicted heavy damage on the Azerbaijani military’s equipment and air assets, pointing out that several helicopters and drones were destroyed over the course of five days.
It should be noted that Azerbaijan does not report its casualties or material losses, so the official total cannot be confirmed at this time.
Trending
- Libya suffering from U.S. meddling, internal rivalries and the battle for oil
- Israel plans permanent occupation in Lebanon while talks in Rome stall
- Is the Mecca agreement the beginning of the end of American military presence in the Arab Gulf?
- Netanyahu refuses to leave Gaza while bowing to extremist politicians
- U.S. Withdrawal from Iraq: A Step Toward Sovereignty or the Start of a Security Crisis?
- Is Spain Facing Retaliation for Challenging Israel?
- The West Bank on the Brink: Israel’s Far Right, U.S. Support, and a Region in Crisis
- Trump meets with Aoun over Israeli withdrawal from Lebanon

